Please ensure you include a photo when applying online or mailing in your child’s application. This photo will appear on your child’s SnowPass card as identification. The Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™ is not valid without a photo.
- Online Applications: When applying online, please upload (when prompted) a photo in JPEG (.jpg) format. (no larger than 512kb)
- Printed Applications: A wallet-sized colour photo, approximately 2” x 2”, of your child (Note: Please print your name and province on the back of the photo.)
Proof of age or grade can be provided as either a copy of your child’s birth certificate (birth year 2007 or 2008 or a copy of your child’s current grade four or five report card or last year’s year-end grade three or four report card).
- Online Applications: Please upload a copy of your proof of age or grade in jpeg format.
(Helpful hint: If you don’t have access to a scanner, you can take a picture of the proof of age with your digital camera or phone as it is in jpeg mode). Please Note: Online Applications will take up to 3 business days to process.
- Printed Applications: Please include a photocopy of your child’s proof of age or grade.
(For your protection, these documents will be destroyed and will not be returned to you. Please DO NOT send originals).
Regular Mail: $29.95† – up to 5-10 days delivery time
† Taxes Included
Online Applications: Pay online with Visa or MasterCard for the processing and delivery of your Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™ card. Please note: We do not accept American Express.
Printed Applications: Please Include a cheque payable to the ‘Canadian Ski Council’ for the processing and delivery of your Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™ card.
Please Mail Printed Application to:
Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™ Program
c/o Canadian Ski Council
7600 Highway 27, Unit 14
Woodbridge, Ontario L4H 0P8
Frequently Asked Questions
When will the Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass arrive?
Upon verification of the application, photo, proof of age, and payment, a Temporary SnowPass will be sent via email to the registered email address on the child’s application. This Temporary SnowPass is valid for 30 days after payment has been received and can be used until the physical card arrives in the mail. Please Note: Online Applications will take up to 3 business days to process.
When can I use it?
Your Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™ card becomes valid as soon as ski areas open for the 2017/18 snow season.
If you applied in Grade 5, your SnowPass expires on June 1, 2018. If you applied in Grade 4, keep your SnowPass card in a safe place next summer since it doesn’t expire until June 1, 2019.
Please note: Ski areas only sign up to participate for a single year at a time. If any ski area chooses not to participate in the program after this season, we will inform you prior to next season.
What if my child had a SnowPass in grade 4 in 2016/2017? Is it still valid?
Yes, your SnowPass will be valid for the 2017/2018 season as well. There is no need to re-apply.
Can my child go without a parent/guardian?
It depends. More than half of our ski/snowboard areas don’t require a paying adult. However, some of them will require a parent or guardian to stay onsite. Please check our ‘Where to use it’ tab for any restrictions ski areas might have.
What if my parents/guardians don’t ski/snowboard?
Let’s face it: until you’re old enough to drive, chances are you’ll need an adult to take you to the hill. The secret is to get them skiing or snowboarding too! Many ski/snowboard areas offer beginner adult discount Discover Packages starting from $30, which include a lift ticket, lesson, and equipment rentals. For more information on Discover Packages visit www.skicanada.org/discover.Can I use my SnowPass™ on a school trip or during a ski club race?
Unfortunately you cannot, but there are lots of other times you can use your Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™, like at night or on the weekend.What if I need equipment or lessons?
There are plenty of ski areas that have rental shops on site for equipment and have well-trained instructors as well to provide you with a lesson to help get you started. Contact the ski area directly for pricing and additional information. Please note: we do not offer lessons or rentals through the SnowPass program.What if I misplaced/lost my SnowPass™ or it was stolen?
If you lose your Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™ there will be a $25 replacement fee and a new Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™ will be sent to you via mail. Please notify the CSC at 905.856.4754 as soon as possible so that we may cancel the lost card to prevent any loss of passes.What does my SnowPass card™ entitle me to?
Your SnowPass card provides you with three full day lift passes to use at each of the participating ski areas (click here to see the full list of participating ski areas).
Example… SnowPass™ holders from the Toronto area are able to ski or snowboard three (3) times at Blue Mountain, three (3) times at Snow Valley, three (3) times at Centennial, three (3) times at Glen Eden, etc., all with one amazing SnowPass™ card!
What if my child is home schooled? Can they still apply for a Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™?
Of course they can! Instead of sending a school report card, we ask that you send a photocopy or upload a photo of your child’s birth certificate or any piece of identification that provides their year of birth.
Is the Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™ eligible for the Canadian Children’s Fitness Tax Credit?
No, unfortunately based on the stipulations of Canadian Child’s Tax Credit, the Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass is not eligible for this program.
What do I do when my photo won’t upload onto the website?
If your photo will not upload, please check the file information by clicking on the photo’s properties (or “Get Info” on Mac computers). Please ensure that your photo follows the guidelines below:
- Photo file is in JPEG (.JPG) format (please see next question if you require assistance with this).
- Photo is under 500kb in size.
How do I know if my photo is a JPEG (.jpg/.jpeg file)?
Most cameras automatically place photos in JPEG (.jpg) format. To check your photo’s format, click on the photo “properties” (or “Get Info” on Mac computers) and it will provide you with the photo information there.
If your photo is in a different format, you can use standard computer programs such as Microsoft Paint (or Preview on Mac computers) to change the photo format to JPEG (.jpg).
How can I change my photo size?
Using a Mac – In “Preview”, click on the “tools menu” and select “adjust size”. Once the “adjust size: screen pops up, adjust the photo’s dimensions and image resolution until the size is under 500kb.
Using Windows – In an editing photo program like Microsoft Office Picture Manager, click “edit pictures”. Once the “edit pictures” screen appears, (generally to the right of your screen) click on the “compress pictures” option at the bottom of the screen. Once in the screen, click “web pages” (or any other option) until the size is less than 500kb.
How do I get a JPEG of my child’s report card or birth certificate?
We suggest keeping it simple and just using your camera to take a picture of the documents. Most cameras will take a photo and automatically save it in JPEG file format.
Application and Status Check definitions
When going through the SnowPass application and “check status” screens, you will notice that each application is placed in a type and status category. Please find below a chart of the definitions of each type and status category.
Example of status check screen.
Who do I contact if I have any questions about the program or my application?
The team at the Canadian Ski Council office is available Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, with the exception of statutory holidays. Please contact us using one of the following:
In Person or via Mail at:
7600 Highway 27, Unit 14, Woodbridge, ON L4H 0P8
By Phone: (905) 856-4754
By Email: [email protected] (Please note: email responses have a 24-48 hour response time on business days only). If you require immediate assistance, please call the office at the number listed above.
Rules & Regulations
- The Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™ administration and delivery fees are not refundable under any circumstances, including incomplete applications.
- The Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™ is not responsible for application forms that are lost in the mail or sent to us incomplete.
- Incomplete applications (those not including a photo, administration fee or age/grade identification) will not be processed and a Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™ will not be issued. An attempt will be made to contact you by email or telephone regarding the missing information.
- Your SnowPass will be mailed to you starting in October. The Canadian Ski Council is not responsible for any delays or lost mail incurred by Canada Post.
- Upon verification of photo, proof of age, and payment, a Temporary SnowPass will be sent via email to the registered email address on the child’s application. This Temporary SnowPass is valid for 30 days after payment has been received and can be used until the physical card arrives in the mail.
- Only residents of Canada may apply. Only one (1) Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™ card per child. One time offer, while supplies last. Only one (1) ski day may be redeemed at each participating ski area per day.
- Your Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™ is valid for all participating ski areas across Canada.
- Ski/snowboard areas reserve the right to have blackout periods or require a paying adult to accompany the Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™ holder. Please click here for ski area details.
- The Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™is NOT VALID FOR SCHOOL TRIPS or SKI CLUB RACES or any excursion where group rates apply.
- The Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™ CANNOT be used with any other offer or discount, including the Canadian Ski Council’s Canadian Lift Passes or any Maneige products.
- We do NOT accept post-dated cheques.
- If we receive an NSF cheque, you will be charged an extra $25 for bank and administrative service fees. If this fee is not paid, your Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™ will be revoked and will not be accepted at the participating ski/snowboard areas.
- If you lose your Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™, there will be a $25 replacement fee and your Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™.
- The Grade 4 & 5™ SnowPass card is valid 3 times at each participating ski area to be used over the 2 seasons (if you applied in Grade 4). Once you have used the 3 days at a ski area, the SnowPass will no longer be accepted at that ski area.
- Participating ski/snowboard areas reserve the right to request photo ID as proof of eligibility at the lift ticket office.
- The Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass™ Program is bonded under the Consumer Protection Act of Quebec. Permit number 601238.
This post is also available in: French