Few sports have such a diverse number of organizational bodies to foster and maintain the development of the sport and related industry. Distinctly autonomous groups have been formed to administer the various aspects of alpine and cross-country skiing, instruction, coaching, ski area operation, disabled skiing, racing, safety, and the equipment wholesale and retail industries. While each group answers specific needs, the entire ski/snowboard industry long ago recognized their common need for the on-going promotion of the sport. It was felt that it would be most effective if one central body was responsible for the implementation of generic promotions on the ski/snowboard industry’s behalf, rather than have many different groups duplicating efforts. The goal of the Canadian Ski Council is to increase participation in recreational snowboarding, alpine and cross-country skiing in Canada.
Key responsibilities include:
- Computer application processing
- Customer service through email and telephone
- Preparing outgoing mail packages
- Meeting daily/weekly goals
- Computer literacy
- Customer service experience
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of the ski and snowboard industry is not required but considered an asset
- Full-time hours and part-time hours available
- Short-term positions (9 weeks) and long-term positions (26 weeks)
- All candidates must be available to work a 10-week period between November and early January which will include a Saturday or Sunday
- Please indicate on your application if you are fully bilingual
The ideal candidate must have a blend of professional experience and personal qualities. We have a fun and respectful culture where staff work hard and laugh a lot!
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls, please. All applications will be kept confidential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com