Ontario’s Blue Mountain has announced a major investment project to expand its Village Conference Centre (VCC) and upgrade its Monterra Tennis facility. The $10 million project is expected to drive conference and lodging business with a focus on spring and fall and enhance the Resort’s indoor tennis offering.
The buildings will be attached to the VCC and located in the area where the Monterra Tennis Dome currently stands. Construction on both buildings was slated to begin July 2013 with completion expected for July 2014.
“This investment further demonstrates Blue Mountain’s commitment to growing its conference and lodging business year round,” said Dan Skelton, President and COO, Blue Mountain Resort. “The new space, combined with our existing conference facilities, team-building activities, accommodations, attractions and amenities, further strengthens our leadership position in the Ontario resort industry and conference/meetings sector.”
Project highlights include:
- 11,375 new net square feet of meeting and pre-function space added to the Village Conference Centre
- The replacement of the Monterra Tennis Dome with a separate 24,000 square foot multi-purpose building designed for indoor tennis, trade shows, banquets and large meetings
- Improved ambience and convenience in the new multi-purpose building with no air lock, large outdoor facing windows, upgraded lighting and an upgraded tennis reception area
- New landscaping, decks, patios and walkways overlooking Monterra Golf and the Blue Mountain Village
- An expanded choice of meeting rooms to accommodate groups of 20 to 2,000 delegates
- Upgraded multi-purpose indoor tennis facility featuring four courts, private entry and locker facilities
This announcement caps off a steady growth period for the Resort. During the last three years, Blue Mountain has committed the following dollars to drive year round visits to the resort and region:
- $10 million VCC expansion and multi-purpose indoor tennis facility upgrade slated to open July 2014
- $7 million Orchard ski resort expansion slated to open Winter 2013/14
- $6 million in attractions added over the last three years with the new Wind Rider Triple Zips attraction opening in July 2013
For more information, see www.bluemountain.ca
Photo couretsy of Blue Mountain.
SnowOnline Editor: Lori Knowles