Two-time Juno award winner, Dan Mangan, will perform a free outdoor concert at Sun Peaks on Friday, July 4, followed by Blue Rodeo on Saturday, July 5. The two free concerts, plus variety of summer activities, make for the perfect family or couples weekend getaway.
Sun Peaks has developed a reputation for holding one-of-a-kind free outdoor summer concerts in its amazing natural amphitheatre located at the base of Sundance Mountain. Dan Mangan is the latest performer to join the 2014 Sun Peaks Summer Concert Series, which also includes the Doodlebops on August 2, the Retro Concert Weekend on August 15 to 17, and artists yet to be announced on July 19, August 30 and 31.
While the General Admission area is free, special Front Stage Access tickets and best value accommodation concert packages are now available through Tourism Sun Peaks Central Reservations at 1-800-807-3257. Front Stage Access is a separate area near the front of stage and only a few hundred tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis. Seating is not provided so concert goers are asked to bring a lawn chair or blanket, as well as practical footwear and warm layers.
Concert and Package Options
Best Value: Tickets + Accommodation
Blue Rodeo & Dan Mangan: 2 Nights + Front Stage Access tickets for both shows – starting at $134 per person
Blue Rodeo: 2 nights + Front Stage Access tickets – starting at $124 per person
Dan Mangan: 2 nights + Front Stage Access tickets – starting at $119 per person
Dan Mangan General Access – Free
Dan Mangan Front Stage Access – $25
Blue Rodeo General Access – Free
Blue Rodeo Front Stage Access – $50
Blue Rodeo and Dan Mangan Front Stage Access Combo Pack – $65
For all package and concert information: http://sunpeaksresort.com/blue-rodeo
Your Sun Peaks weekend can include:
Friday, July 4
- Village accommodation, steps away from the concert venue, restaurants, shops and activities
- Dinner at one of 20 eatery options
- Listening to the sounds of Dan Mangan at Sun Peaks’ legendary outdoor concert venue
Saturday, July 5
- Breakfast at one of Sun Peaks’ many cafes
- Dad can play a round of golf, while the kids learn downhill mountain biking and mom enjoys a treatment at the Sun Peaks Spa
- Lunch on a mountainside restaurant patio basking in the sun
- A family alpine hike via the Sunburst chairlift
- Listening to the opening musical acts throughout the pedestrian village
- Enjoying Blue Rodeo’s spectacular musical performance in the natural amphitheatre at the base of Sundance Mountain
Sunday, July 6
- The Sun Peaks & Region Farmers’ Market, shopping for handmade items and regional fruits and veggies
- Heading to nearby Heffley or McGillivary lakes for a Voyageur Canoe Tour, canoe rental or stand up paddle board lesson
- Many new family memories and stories to share!
Photos of Dan Mangan and Blue Rodeo courtesy of Sun Peaks.