This article originally appeared on:
Choosing new downhill skis might feel overwhelming when you’re looking at all the different types of skis (especially if you’re a new skier or are shifting from groomers to powder). But finding your perfect pair gets a lot simpler when you know what to look for and how to narrow down your options.
When you’re choosing downhill skis, here are some things to consider:
- Your skill level: What type of skier are you?
- Where you ski: It’s important to match your skis to the terrain and snow you’re skiing.
- Ski length: Learn what size skis to buy based on your height and weight.
- Ski shape and stiffness: Camber, rocker, sidecut and ski flex affect how skis feel underfoot.
- Choosing skis for kids: Growing kids mean there are a few things to keep in mind.
CHOOSING SKIS FOR KIDS
When it comes to buying children’s skis, you want to avoid choosing skis that “they’ll grow