March 21, 2016 – A partnership agreement has been reached between the Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance and Alpine Canada Alpin in the interest of exploring opportunities to share and collaborate on common initiatives of mutual benefit. An agreed upon “Memorandum of Understanding” between the organizations includes the following joint commitments to:
- Promote the sport of alpine skiing
- Explore ways to share ski technique, teaching and coaching methodologies, product promotion, and co-sponsorship opportunities
- Develop cross exposure opportunities between ACA athletes, coaches, and instructors
- Collaborate on joint member communication initiatives where appropriate
- Work together on common ski industry advocacy issues
- Actively promote a positive image, reputation, and brand for instructors, coaches, and athletes
François Morrison – Managing Director of the CSIA stated, “With the recent integration of the Canadian Ski Coaches Federation with Alpine Canada Alpin, the CSIA believes in the importance of sustaining collaborative working relations between ski instructors and the ski coaching community to support the interests of the skiing public, members, athletes, and our other ski industry partners. This “Memorandum of Understanding” with ACA represents our commitment to these long-term initiatives.”
Mark Rubinstein – CEO of ACA stated, “Ski coaches and instructors both have a major long-term impact on the success of our Canadian Team athletes on the world stage. With the recent integration of coaching education and the CSCF into Alpine Canada, we are excited about the potential this CSIA partnership brings. We believe that through innovative projects and cooperation, we can help grow the sport of skiing, provide additional benefits to coaches, instructors and industry partners, and ultimately, continue to produce world-class programs and athletic results that Canadians can be proud of. We look forward to bringing you more information as specifics emerge”.
Alpine Canada Alpin is a recognized national sport organization representing competitive Alpine, ParaAlpine and Ski-Cross skiing in Canada.
The Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance (CSIA) is a not-for-profit member-based organization that provides excellence in education for the profession of ski teaching, contributing to the growth and enjoyment of skiing.