Story courtesy Grouse Mountain
Relax, We Got This!
Are you in charge of planning a holiday party to remember?
To help kick-start your party planning, we have come up with some stress-free tips on planning the perfect off-site party.
- To budget or not to budget…that is the question. While coming up with a rough budget is a good idea, you may want to keep in mind that depending on the number of guests, your budget can fluctuate. Make sure whatever budget amount you decide on; you are comfortable with it +/-10%.
Tip: If you are under budget or have a little extra spending power, remember you can make a party more memorable with adding a few spectacular touches to the night. Do not break the bank, but nobody likes a frugal host during the holiday season.
- Location, location, location. Source out and site visit a couple different venues. The size of your party, guest list (adults only or kid appropriate), and the theme will all impact the venue you choose. Are you incorporating activities, games or entertainment – this all needs to be factored in.
Tip: To help guests that don’t know a lot of people or to get the party started; activities, interactive games, an entertaining DJ and a cocktail reception before dinner are always a great way to kick it up a notch. Not to mention, a couple of drink tickets probably won’t hurt; but be sure at least some small bites are served early on so guests aren’t drinking on an empty stomach.
- Get a date down stat. Explore a couple different date options that the venue has and choose one that works well with the majority (or the key guests).
Tip: If you have the venue and date, but are still working on details, send a Save The Date invite out so guests know to hold the date on their calendars. The holidays are always a busy time.
- Send out invites whether electronic or paper. You will want to get an accurate and final head count for the venue, catering and for budgetary reasons. Make sure guests identify any dietary restrictions, include the dress code and theme in your invite. Some people might have to shop for that perfect dress or ugly sweater.
Tip: Sending fun and festive holiday invites to your guests may help get them into the holiday spirit. If you choose to mail them out, make sure you include an email address that guests can reply to.
- Make a list and follow it – write everything down from what you need and want leading up to the party and what you need to accomplish on the day of. Make sure if you’ve included décor, name tags, special gifts, etc, that those are on your list.
Tip: Try delegating some tasks out. The more spare time you have to work on the finer details and drink eggnog the better.
- Create an evening that your guests will remember – an activity, a type of entertainment, a visit from Santa, a secret end of night gift, a smores and hot cocoa bar; it’s the extra special touches that will make the night.
Tip: Booking at Grouse Mountain will not only add value to your party but will leave your guests pleasantly jolly and very thankful to have you as a friend. All Peak of Christmas activities and Skyride are complimentary with your catering booking from November 24, 2017 – January 7, 2018.
Enjoy culinary delights, outstanding facilities and spectacular views all set in a winter wonderland. Visits with Santa and his reindeer, skating, the Light Walk and more will make your holiday event magical. There’s no shortage of festive activities at Grouse Mountain.
This post is also available in: French