[expand title="Read More
“Whistler Blackcomb is lucky to boast one of the longest ski seasons in North America,” says Stuart Rempel, Senior VP of Marketing and Sales at Whistler Blackcomb. “Whether it is skiing freshly groomed corn snow, or enjoying an après beverage while listening to live music on the patio of Merlin’s, we want to make sure guests have the best possible spring experience. These tips will help everyone have an incredible time at Whistler Blackcomb.”
To help guests to make the most of their spring vacation or getaway, Whistler Blackcomb has put together these helpful tips:
- For the best snow conditions follow the sun and check grooming boards before deciding where to ski or ride.
- Conditions change throughout the day, and slopes with direct sun warm up quickly allowing for some of the best spring snow conditions.
- With sun comes UV rays. Since snow can magnify the rays guests should always wear sunscreen.
- Starting April 22, Blackcomb Mountain will open at 10am each day, guests can après a little harder the afternoon before, and have some extra time to sleep in the morning.
- Guests can check the Whistler Blackcomb Live App, website, or call the snow phone for up-to-date snow and grooming conditions.
To make the most of dining and après:
- Plan where and when to meet for après. Guests can enjoy après at the Garibaldi Lift Company at the base of Whistler, Merlin’s at the base of Blackcomb and Dusty’s at the base of Whistler Mountain in Creekside, both open right through summer.
- Spring is barbeque season, and there is no better place to enjoy a burger and a beverage than on the patio of the Horstman Hut at an elevation of 7494 feet, while overlooking the Horstman Glacier.
For more info, visit www.whistlerblackcomb.com
Photo by Dano Pendygrasse courtesy of Whistler Blackcomb
SnowOnline Editor: Lori Knowles
New & Revamped Ski Show for Toronto
Toronto is getting a new ski show.
Now known as the Toronto Snow Show, Canada’s largest ski exhibit will have a new image, a lower admission rate, and a new location.
Scheduled for October 17-20, 2013, the “restyled” show is moving to Toronto’s International Centre from the grounds of the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE), a move show organizers hope will improve access for the Greater Toronto Area.