With Ontario’s Blue Mountain now in operation for the 2013/14 winter season, it’s quickly becoming a hot spot for weekend fun. Here are 10 suggestions on what to do at Blue…
1. Learn to Ski and Snowboard at Ontario’s largest mountain village resort.
2. Hop on a free horse and wagon ride through the pedestrian streets of the Village.
3. Shop and dine at 40 unique boutiques, cafes and restaurants.
4. Tobogganing at nearby slopes with shuttle packages from the resort.
5. Taste ice wine and take a guided snowshoeing tour of a nearby winery.
6. Ice skate on the Mill Pond under the stars… it’s free!
7. Visit Scandinave Spa, the ultimate relaxation in the outdoor pools, log cabin sauna, steam room and massage.
8. Swim indoors or out at Plunge Aquatic Centre, or with your lodging at Mosaic at Blue or The Westin Trillium House.
9. Ride the all-season Ridge Runner Mountain Coaster above the ski trails.
10. Or try one of these thrilling activities: snowmobiling, dogsledding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, winter caving, and apple pie eating along the Apple Pie Trail!
For more info, see www.BlueMountain.ca
Photo courtesy of Blue Mountain.
SnowOnline Editor: Lori Knowles