Family Day and March Break are approaching fast and we have ways to keep your family entertained and on a budget.
From restaurants to movie theaters, the options are endless but instead of playing inside, why not get the family outside? Skiing and snowboarding are great ways to spend time together as a family and a lot of ski areas offer great things to do in addition to skiing and snowboarding! Here is a list of different attractions available at ski areas across Canada.
- Snow Tubing – Snow tubing is a great family activity for everyone, no special skills required or equipment. Just bundle up, sit on a tube and go!
- Concerts and Events – If anyone knows how to put on great events, it’s definitely Canadian ski and snowboard areas. We’re talking festivals, big name concerts, comedy entertainment, shows, street celebrations and so much more. Check out your local ski and snowboard area’s events page to see what is up and coming.
- Demo days – Ever wondered what different skis, boards or bindings feel like? Try before you buy at big brand sponsored demo days. Take a look at what’s new and ask the experts themselves about what’s best for you and your family.
- Watch different ski and snowboard competitions – Check out your ski area’s events page for amazing competitions. Check out local amateurs, pros or Olympic athletes compete in our own backyard at events all across Canada.
- Kids’ activities! – Keep the little ones entertained with the help of ski and snowboard area staff. We’ve spotted great events for kids like making maple taffy, scavenger hunts, entertainers and so much more!
Other great activities to check out!
- Snowshoeing and cross country skiing guided trips
- Ziplining and tree top trekking
- Catering and restaurants
- Horse rides
- Segway adventures
- Mountain Guides
For more information on what is available at your ski area, check out their website or contact them directly. Stay in the loop by signing up for the SnowOnline E-Newsletter!
Not sure what ski area is near you? Check out our participating ski area map by clicking here.